Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,461   Online: 1124

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progress

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Progress

I continue to make progress in emulsion making, but hesitate to post anything for fear that it might be interpreted as a promotion for my workshops. I will stop right here and ask for advice as to what to post and where. (Sean and moderators, comments appreciated)

I can add though that in-line with my previous post today on another thread,... Well, if you are all so interested in preserveing conventional photography and fear its demise, why are you not doing more to learn how to preserve it?

When it vanishes, it will be gone! I assure you of that fact.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Post away. I'm interested.

As far as promoting one's workshops on the forum in general, we've been fairly easygoing about this when it's been a case of a regular participant in the forums who announces the occasional workshop, like Cheryl Jacobs or Aggie, as long as it doesn't become abusive. The concern is about drive-by posters who just come to APUG to flog their workshop or forum or product or magazine or whatever and don't contribute anything else, either as regular participants or as sponsors. As I see it, you've got nothing to worry about in this regard.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks David, but you can see that I'm sensitized to this sort of self-promotion. I am getting together a package to post, but am not sure as to how or whether.

PE

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    PE,

I've been reading these posts of yours and find them very interesting. I wish I could contribute, but I can't due to lack of knowledge. Please keep posting.

cheers

Shooter
    Large Format
    PE,

I know many people really do appreciate your work and postings here. I love to hear about your progress.

But please understand that many folks simply can't afford the time for a workshop. I wish I could, and yours would be the first! I would love to do my own emulsions. Time is harder to come by than money...

Also understand that most people do not post at all. And many don't post in some forums unless they really feel compelled. Every time I post on APUG I get nothing but negativity, rants and arguements. Why bother? The art of discussion is long gone, especially if you have a differing opinion from the ruling class...

Please continue your work and keep us posted. People may not respond on-line, but they are reading and interested!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would like to see what progress you have made!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Thanks David, but you can see that I'm sensitized to this sort of self-promotion. I am getting together a package to post, but am not sure as to how or whether.

PE
    If you (or anyone for that matter) have any doubts about whether something is appropriate or not for the forum, then send Sean a PM or click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page, and run it by him. Alternately, if your main interest is just keeping the commercial stuff out of the forums, then post the emulsion discussion in the forums, and advertise the commercial part in the Classifieds (if say, you wanted to do something like offer a discount on a product to participants in a workshop).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PE,
    You would have to go a long way, before you could be called out for shameless self promotion.

Consider an article (see side bar at left) or an ongoing thread that could be a 'blog' of your efforts. Both could be used as the basis of a larger publication such as, personal web page (that could also be a gateway to your WSs), 'white paper', ebook, or traditional publication.

Many here are interested in your opinions and efforts and would think it a loss if you were not posting. I know that I have been hit with requests to try and get you to the APUG Conference, but have been too busy to figure out the logistics internally or pursue it properly with you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Thanks David, but you can see that I'm sensitized to this sort of self-promotion. [...]
    PE
    PE, you say you're sensitized, but are you emulsified as well? ;)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I want to hear about this, as it is interesting stuff from someone who knows what he is talking about!!

Ansgar

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin