Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,363   Online: 1060

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Polaroid emulsion lift on top of image transfer-Cool!

A while ago I made some Polaroid emulsion transfers that didn't work as well as I wanted. That stuff is so random it drives me crazy but when it works it's sweet.
    So I got the idea this morning to take the positive image and do an emulsion lift and put them over the transfers and finally got around to doing it tonight. I've never seen this before but I'm sure someone has done it. Maybe it's just the newness or the Polaroid wow factor but I really loved what turned out. The thin emulsion lift was a perfect transparent layer over the image on paper and in some areas gave it the look of those pictures you need 3-D glasses for.

Of course they are still drying and I can't scan any of them for show and tell.

Alan.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Emulsion lifts on top of something else are fun - I think my old christmas card is in the gallery somewhere: An emulsion lift on top of an in-camera paper negative...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't wait to see it

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Here's the scans

The Wonder Woman has two lifts on top of the transfer and the Batman has one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wonderwoman_TL_sm.jpg   Batman_TL_sm.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    very cool!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome! Gives an added dimension to them - very effective.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, very cool. I like to layer emulsion transfers on top of other emulsion transfers, or image transfers, or any kind of other surface, like text, sheet music, etc. Polaroid transfers have so many creative possibilities. I also use the pale positive prints left over from image transfers to layer as emulsion transfers because they are more transparent. And I make ghost image transfers from the negative after making the print for the emulsion transfer. I teach workshops in image and emulsion transfers both in person and online. See my listing under the workshops section, or check out my website at www.kathleencarr.com for more ideas.

Kathleen
    Last edited by kathleencarr; 06-03-2006 at 12:58 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add something

Shooter
    Large Format
    Other than 20X24, does Polaroid make any sizes of 809 color sheet film larger than 8X10? The 20X24 transfers I've seen are stunning, but looking into something more manageable for myself.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin