Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,706   Online: 752

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Moore
    I want to make sure that I get this correct before I mix this stuff up.

Citric acid 5g
    Potassium chloroplatinite 20% solution 5ml
    OR Sodium chloropalladite 20% solution 5ml
    Water 1000ml

Would the mixture for the Potassium chloroplatinite be:
    2 grams Platinum (II) Chloride - Formula PtC12 to 100ml water

And the mixture for Sodium chloropalladite be:
    2 grams Palladium (II) Chloride - Formula PdC12 to 100ml water

This stuff is a little to expensive to screw this up

Thanks!!!

Jim
    Jim, 2 g in a 100 is only 2% not 20%. Are you sure you have the chemical names correct. Potassium Tetracholorplatinite, and Sodium Tertracholorpalladite?

Where are you buying it?

Eric

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    the really interesting thing I learn jim...
    when I would tone one 7x17 with the 10 drops for 20mins. Then Id put another 7x17 VDB in toner bath. even after 20 mins. there seemed to be no discernable difference. SO I deduced, in my finite empirical science mind, that the pt had been completely replaced in the VDB. so it seemed a good economical and effective way to use just enough metal solution without wasting. hope that made sense.
    It may have been that all the pt was used, but it may have also been a pH issue. There is a pt intensifacation step for PT/PD printing where you use platinic acid and sodium formate. There need to be a precise range for that toner to work. If the pH os too high or low it is a no go. You may wish to try it again but prior to placing your print in the toner directly try a acid bath only, then put it in the toner. With all the buffering that goes into paper and the alkaline level of some water, that may be an issue for you.

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin