Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,813   Online: 982

Shooter
    35mm

plastic bash heat film

I can find "nature film" in the toy store. It is paper base using iron oxide (?). I can take a picture with it during bright sunlight using f1.4 / 4 hours then develop using hot water. But the res is very low.
    30 years ago I got some "film" that looked like plastic film. I think I got it from Spriotone (sp). It took about only an hour and was develop in hot water. And was a lot shaper then "nature film".
    Any body know what it was called and where I can find some more?
    thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't remember the name but I think I got mine from Dignan. Don't think it's manufactured any more. It used an organic azo compound which generated nitrogen gas when heated. This caused microscopic bubbles to form which changed the optical density of the film and created the image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This "nature film" sounds interesting. Where are you located that you can get this in a toy store?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by beningh
    Any body know what it was called and where I can find some more?
    thanks
    In about 1970 I briefly experimented with Kalvar film, probably purchased from Spiratone. The results didn't meet my expectations. It was a very slow UV sensitive vesicular film that could be fixed in hot water. A google search for vesicular film will point to
    THIS
    and other information. Kalvar proved to have serious long term storage problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kalvar, that's the name. The Dignan Newsletter had an article on it and sold it in 100" rolls.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, I live on Kwajalein Atoll. But this paper comes drom the states. Its called NATURE PRINT PAPER. I got 12 sheets of 6"x9" paper for about $5 US.
    Kids use it to make prints of plant leaves when left in the sun for about 2 minutes. Then diped into water for about 1 minute. Comes out a blue color. Made by
    NATURE PRINT PAPER
    PO BOX 314
    MORAGA, CA. 94556

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kids use it to make prints of plant leaves when left in the sun for about 2 minutes. Then diped into water for about 1 minute. Comes out a blue color.
    Ohhhh ... sounds like cyanotype paper, blue and iron-based. Probably would make great contact prints, though it's not really suited for in-camera ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin