Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,133   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya
    p.s. Michael, what is PVA?

There are two PVA's out there... polyvinyl alcohol and polyvinyl acetate. In this case, I was referring to the alcohol. It's available from B&S an other sources.

Polyvinyl acetate is the primary chemical in white glue and other similar glues. It has uses as well in alt processes, but I don't know anyone using it for traditional pt/pd printing.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Clay, They have cold pressed, hot pressed and both. Do you know if all will work for pt/pd? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by clay
    For a really beautiful look with cards, check out Twinrocker Deckled edge paper in 6x8 size. Four beautiful deckled edges and nice tones and Dmax when double coated and forced-air dried between coats:

http://www.twinrockerhandmadepaper.com/pa_main.php

Be sure and specify that the paper be hot pressed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've only used the hot-press. I know it works fine. Even hot pressed, it has a lot of texture. I wouldn't want to use the cold pressed version.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin