Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You may be right about the fixer. I've inked up my last matrix so I'll have to print more before I can try using straight hypo. Right now though, I'm headed out on a 3 day hiking trip to reset myself.

Hopefully I'll have some results to post in a week or two.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got really anxious to try the ink before my hypo crystals came in and I can tell you it did not work well. There was a world of difference after I started using the hypo crystals. I also found that Ilford warm tone semi-matt finish works well.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info Gay, that's really interesting. I guess it pays to listen to others advice sometimes. Looks like I'll be ordering some hypo today. I'll give it a shot and post my results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson
    I got really anxious to try the ink before my hypo crystals came in and I can tell you it did not work well. There was a world of difference after I started using the hypo crystals. I also found that Ilford warm tone semi-matt finish works well.
    I'm definitely happy to hear you've had succss with this paper, Gay. Still scrounging about for choices to replace Agfa! Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bromoil Streaking

Travis - I'm just ducking in and have been really busy lately moving to a new down-sized house. It sounds like you have come up with the solution - stiffer ink! That should do it.

I only use hypo crystals and avoid rapid fix for bromoil.

Good luck and cheers!

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by t_nunn
    I think I'm going to try plain old Hypo next go around. Like you, its all I've ever heard anyone use, but I figured since I had the rapid fix I'd just use that instead. I don't know if it makes a difference, but everyone else uses it so...

I don't think I can give much of a review of the paper. Pretty much everything I'm churning out right now is 1 step above crap. Give me some time and I might be able to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think that switching to hypo crystals rather than rapid fix combined with stiffer ink will do the trick. I'll be going into the darkroom a lot over the next week so I plan on coming out of there with at least 10 bromoil candidates. I'll post my results if I can make a few good ones. Thanks for the inspiration Gene!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin