Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,430   Online: 1050

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good tips here Don....some new, some that just need to be reminded of.

Thanks,
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    But the images you show are not all VDB's are they ?
    Roy,

No, not yet. They'll be printed all VDB, Carbon, Pt/Pl or Polymergravure when the project is ready to be hung.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow,

That sounds very ambitious...

After I got into pt/pd and gum over, I realized that I need more time before I can take up on Carbon printing. I will give myself a year or two to these processes.

Happy printing,
    Tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade
    They'll be printed all VDB, Carbon, Pt/Pl or Polymergravure when the project is ready to be hung.
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Roy,

No, not yet. They'll be printed all VDB, Carbon, Pt/Pl or Polymergravure when the project is ready to be hung.
    You may change your mind once you get to carbon and polymergravure.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've done many carbons in the past. They are my favorite of all printing processes. But, you are right, I might change my mind!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Printing today on the 'smooth' side of the Platine. First print out and it looks very nice. Perhaps slightly more resolution on the smooth side rather than the textured.

Also noticed less bronzing. Two reasons for this maybe. Today I'm using 3.5 ml of solution, yesterday was 4 ml. Today I'm allowing them to air dry w/no heat...yesterday's were force dried. Single coating on both yesterday and today.

I think I'll play with double coating tomorrow...

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Printing today on the 'smooth' side of the Platine. First print out and it looks very nice. Perhaps slightly more resolution on the smooth side rather than the textured.

Also noticed less bronzing. Two reasons for this maybe. Today I'm using 3.5 ml of solution, yesterday was 4 ml. Today I'm allowing them to air dry w/no heat...yesterday's were force dried. Single coating on both yesterday and today.

I think I'll play with double coating tomorrow...
    Double coat always with VDB. Let the first coat dry before applying the second. I'm not sure of your negative size but for 7x17 3,5 ml sounds okay. Too much solution and over exposure can cause bronzing. Are you printing a step wedge too?

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is an awesome tip. I bought some Platine a few weeks ago but hadn't had the chance to print VDBs on it yet. Gonna do that next weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin