Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,124   Online: 824

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arches Platine.
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Arches Platine too
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    It would be a pain to use only one paper :-) If I had to choose, Arches Platine without any hesitation.

Jimmy

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    Cranes 90# cover (think Photogs Formulary calls it Cranes Platinotype)

Arches platine is damn nice as well.
    Cranes Cover 90 can be purchased directly from Cranes in parent sized sheets and pre-cut 8.5x11 sheets. And it costs less to purchase direct. 25 sheet minimum for about $35 or so for parent sized sheets. 100 sheet boxes for 8.5x11 size for about $20. Shipping is extra.

Don Bryant

P.S. Arches Platine if only one paper were available.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    COT 320. My first paper was platinotype and I thought it was pretty good until I started using COT 320. I think that COT 320 gets a better black. I have no test data to back that up, just a general impression. I would rather make photographs than test.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don,

Thanks for the info. I was always wondering where I could buy Cranes paper inexpensively. I went to Cranes website, but they have different weight. Why people use #90? There are heavier ones too.

Any thought on this? Thanks.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

p.s.: I did find the manual for PM2L online as well as your explanation here as well. Thanks for the tip though.

Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Cranes Cover 90 can be purchased directly from Cranes in parent sized sheets and pre-cut 8.5x11 sheets. And it costs less to purchase direct. 25 sheet minimum for about $35 or so for parent sized sheets. 100 sheet boxes for 8.5x11 size for about $20. Shipping is extra.
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Arches Platine...

but a good friend uses COT320 so when he comes back from his hols I'll nip up and see if we can do a direct comparison and see what transpires!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree with the sentiment that it would be awfully limiting to only have ONE paper. If that were the case, I'd stick to the COT 320. If not, the Soccorro (available from Bostick & Sullivan) is also a very nice paper.

soccorro from b&s. none better

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya
    Don,

Thanks for the info. I was always wondering where I could buy Cranes paper inexpensively. I went to Cranes website, but they have different weight. Why people use #90? There are heavier ones too.

Any thought on this? Thanks.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

p.s.: I did find the manual for PM2L online as well as your explanation here as well. Thanks for the tip though.
    Tsuyoshi,

The Cover weights greater than 90# bubble and delaminate iduring processing. Iknow since I've tried it. Just call Cranes as I've found their website to be pretty useless last I was there. They have a program called Cranes Direct. They will only sell a limited number of products direct to the consumer though.

Don

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin