Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,483   Online: 933

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ive ordered my Cranes 90# direct from cranes for the last few months. I order about 60 sheets of 23x29 at a time. Hasnt been a problem yet. they always manage to get the paper to me undamaged and spotless too

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    Ive ordered my Cranes 90# direct from cranes for the last few months. I order about 60 sheets of 23x29 at a time. Hasnt been a problem yet. they always manage to get the paper to me undamaged and spotless too
    Hi Scooter,

Do you mind letting me know the product code on your invoice for Crane 90#? The Crane website isn't the easiest to find what you want. I enquired several times but got no reply from them.

By the way, I wanted to buy Socorro from B&S recently but was told they don't have it anymore. Does anyone know if this is permanent?

Thanks again.

Bienfang 360

Smooth as a baby's bottom.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by eggshell
    Hi Scooter,

Do you mind letting me know the product code on your invoice for Crane 90#? The Crane website isn't the easiest to find what you want. I enquired several times but got no reply from them.

By the way, I wanted to buy Socorro from B&S recently but was told they don't have it anymore. Does anyone know if this is permanent?

Thanks again.
    Just give Crane a call. They have an 800 number and ask to speak to someone about the Crane Direct Sales Program. You will be directed to someone that can inform you of the products available and take an order. The parent sized sheets come 20 to a pack (23x29). I looked on the label of one of my boxes and it reads, 'Natural White Wove wt 90'. The only thing that resembles a product number is '21469'. There is also a lot number and a bar code.

As for the Socorro you may have to go through the Crane's dealer network to get the paper if B&S has stopped carrying it. That usually means you will need to purchase 500 sheet lots.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigK
    Bienfang 360

Where do you get this paper? Is it white or cream colored?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Where do you get this paper? Is it white or cream colored?
    Jorge,

Beinfang 360 is a drawing vellum and I've only seen it in withe. I comes in pads of various sizes. Google for it. Pearl Art supply is one source.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like it is either Platine or COT320...

I have been printing Gum over Pt/Pd on Artistico Extra White. I also make straight Pd prints on them too. I like it very much so far.

I sometimes print on the back side of the paper on AEW or even Platine. Though I cannot be definitive since I have not done that much. But sometimes those "wires" get in the way of images. I rather see the texture of paper than "wires."

I want to try Vellum paper and Beinfang 360. Beinfang is Lois Conner's paper which I have seen some prints of. I have tried it with cyanotype and vandyke, and it is very delicate when it is wet. I have thicker vellum paper sitting in my drawer...

I sometimes wonder why people like Platine so much... Any thought?

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigK
    Bienfang 360

While this paper is OK, it's a little difficult to work with when making larger prints. As an alternative, try Clearprint 100% Rag Drafting Vellum or Staedtler Mars 100% Rag Translucent Vellum. They are also very smooth, give incredible DMAX and have much better wet strength than Bienfang. I also find they give a warmer image tone than Bienfang, although they are all white papers.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Kerik,

I m remembering we used Fabriano and Cot 320 in your Gum over Platinum class, those results were quite nice....any updates or new info.....thanks for the tip on the Clearpoint rag...

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Hi Kerik,

I m remembering we used Fabriano and Cot 320 in your Gum over Platinum class, those results were quite nice....any updates or new info.....thanks for the tip on the Clearpoint rag...

Dave in Vegas
    Dave,

Too much Moose Drool has clouded your memory a bit... We used Fabriano Artistico Extra White and Rives BFK 280 GSM white. COT 320 is not a good choice for gumover due to registration issues. Plus, it's about 5x the price of Fabriano. I am still using those 2 papers for gumover; usually Fabriano. Whatman's watercolor and Whatman's printmaking also work well for gumover, but they are much harder to find. For a while they were no longer available in the US, then I heard they were again, although I haven't confirmed that myself. I've still got about 100 full sheets in stock.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin