Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,480   Online: 1237

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Kerik for the clarification, some one else took notes for me and I am having trouble deciphering, I was sure it would be everclear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinnya
    I want to try Vellum paper and Beinfang 360. Beinfang is Lois Conner's paper which I have seen some prints of. I have tried it with cyanotype and vandyke, and it is very delicate when it is wet. I have thicker vellum paper sitting in my drawer...

On advice from Clay, when working with vellum paper tape it down and coat the entire sheet. This greatly helps with the "potato chip curl" that it gets when you're coating it.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Thanks for the alternative to Bienfang Kerik.

I love the look but you are right, it is a royal pain in the bottom when it is wet....very fragile.

It is however, a darn good paper for cyanotype, salted paper, van dyke brown, kallitype and pt/pd. In workshops I find that students are able to coat Bienfang right off the hop much better than just about any paper.

I will look into the others that you mentioned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The clearprint can be bought at any artstore and is VERY cheap... matter of fact I plan on doing a bunch of cyanotypes on some when my fe am cit-green comes in.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Also, the Clearprint comes in a heavier weight (Clearprint 1020) than the standard stuff you'll find in most art stores with is Clearprint 1000. It's even better for Big prints. It can be bought online in rolls for very cheap.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Don Bryant, thanks for the information. That's very helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When dealing with platinum the periodic table of the elements has it at Pt. There is no Pl. Palladium is designated as you have it, Pd. The closest to Pl on the table these days is Pm which is Promethium.

When dealing with labelling the process Pt/Pd will tell all what elements you are talking about.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin