Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,973   Online: 878

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm using a bit different set up than Flyingcamera - I use the spiral UV bulbs, but the principal is the same - get a setup that has the bulbs and ballast all together.

I would advise against getting your exposure times too short. As was discussed on another thread, these UV bulbs don't have even light output when warming up. If exposure times are short, the uneven output would affect your exposure. I think Sandy King measured a 10% difference between the first and second minute, and then the output settles down. If you have exposure ranges in the 8-10 minute range, as I do, obviously the light output variation falls to practical insignificance.

juan

Shooter
    35mm
    The feature that these units offer that clinch it for me is the vacuum easel.
    Compared to messing around with contact frames, its the bomb.

if you are set on getting a plate burner I would suggest looking at www.tpxonline.com. This is a site that the is used by those in the printing industry to sell used equipment. I purchased a NuArc locally at a much cheaper price than what you see on eBay thru them.

...lyle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin