Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,453   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Oil Transfer Print

Hi,

What is exactly Oil Transfer Print? Is is a general term for processes like Bromoil?

Does anyone know where I can read about it further (I have a lot of questions this morning)? Thanks.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suspect that's a shorthand for Bromoil Transfer -- essentially, the same process as Bromoil, except that once the color is applied to the print, it's brayed down on a receptor sheet that is the final display print. As I understand it (having never done any kind of Bromoil) the transfer print can be reinked and used a number of times.

For any alternative process, the first place I'd look is the Unblinking Eye web site.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It is not shorthoand for a bromoil transfer. It is a different process in many was, altho, a lot of people who do bromoils also do oil prints.

As Donald has suggeted check out unblinking eye, Ed Bufflow who runs that sites also does a lot of oil prints, and has an article that goes into great detail about this process.

The final print does have a bromoil "look" .
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin