Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,646   Online: 832

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Clearprint vellum

Hi,

I just received some Clearprint 1020 and was wandering which is the front side of the paper. Both sides look almost identical to me. I'm not being lazy about not finding it out myself. Just can't afford to waste expensive metal.

Casually inspecting the paper, I see black specks on most of the sheets. There are even red specks on a few. I suppose I can live with that but is this typical of Clearprint vellum?

Any further advice about using this paper is very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Either side will work. Double coat with 2 relatively thin coats. As far as the spots, that's not a good sign...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2013 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There shouldn't be any specs on the vellum. Try brushing it off before coating because they might show through on the print. One other thing. Unless you want an instant soda straw, tape the edges down VERY well. This stuff will curl up into a small tube the second it gets wet unless it is firmly anchored. To see what I mean, wet a piece of scrap.

- Randy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for the response. I'll see if I can send it back for an exchange or refund.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin