Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,416   Online: 963

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Repeat usage of polyester sheeting?

After a couple of very helpful replies to my query on this forum about polyester sheet supplies, Secol are sending me some 50 micron thickness sheets for placing between negative and Arches Platine paper when Ziatype printing.
    Is the polyester sheet usable only once for this purpose, thinking that perhaps emulsion may adhere to the sheet and foul a second print, or can the same sheet be used several times?
    Many thanks
    John Fontana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, unless the first coating is still to damp you should not have any problems. I reuse and once in a while the substrate will stick to the seperator sheet...then it goes to the trash bin. Small price to pay.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can reuse them until they dont look clear enough to your eye anymore. From the negs I've been unlucky enough to have ziatyped (emulsion from the print printed out onto the negative), I can nearly 100% assure you that you aint getting that stuff off of a polyester sheet and time is better spent getting a new sheet.
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Good idea to replace those sheets

I ruined one neg, and got a few spots on another. I think because against the negative, I placed the side of the sheet that had been against the emulsion on a previous exposure.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin