Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,608   Online: 802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Added photograph of Cyanotype that has been toned to the bottom of the page to show that you do not have to be stuck with blue..
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    ... I'm still looking for a smoother surfaced, "harder" paper that has the same resistance to wetting as this reinforced watercolor paper. I'm tempted to try plain old posterboard -- it's certainly cheap enough to experiment on...
    I just tried Strathmore Bristol, a very smooth paper, and the results were quite striking - quite a lot of detail and tonal range compared to what I've gotten in the past with cold press watercolor papers. The surface stayed quite smooth, although there was some minor roughing after all the washing was complete. Overall though, I think I like the results much better than rougher papers.

- Randy

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Strathmore Bristol for some salt prints and it works well for them as well (and doesn't fog the silver nitrate the way the Canon Montval has done) -- I may never use watercolor again, for anything but watercolors.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin