Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,720   Online: 1249

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice work Matt. Really gives a good idea of the versatility you can get with all the combinations. I especially like the carousel gum over image.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hey Lee,

I got a few more still to go before it all said and done (maybe a month or so), but fore long I should be shooting quite a bit. Am looking forward to getting some as good as Matt's here.

Monty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way to go Matt. It looks like you are well on your way. These are very good for your first 'alone' attempts. The cool thing about gum is that you have never learned it all. And you really haven't asked that many questions!
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Matt, as I told you in an earlier PM, these just blow me away. While gum over may not be appropriate for every print, it sure was for these. Now how/why did you pick these particular prints? Is there something that helps you decide which ones will work over another.
    to be honest mike, I picked these three as my "first" ones for a few reasons,
    the graffitti abandoned building one because I wanted to experiment with trying to get the yellow tones in the highlights, chose the carousel print because I wanted to see what a "foggy" image looked like with the gum over, and chose the dead deer one because its a favorite negative of mine and wanted to experiment with browning the tones in the bones etc.

I think I am leaning towards Keriks statement that a majority of pt/pd prints can/could be improved by the gum over layers. but who knows.... Ill let you know if 70 yrs when Im dead and cant print anymore

thanks everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clay
    Way to go Matt. It looks like you are well on your way. These are very good for your first 'alone' attempts. The cool thing about gum is that you have never learned it all. And you really haven't asked that many questions!
    thanks clay.
    I think one of the things I like most about it is that Ill never stop learning from it. so many possibilities.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    WOW! They totally kick ass! Your regular platinum stuff is great, but these really kick it up a notch.

Sunny
    "Never assume that children will remain where you last saw them." --From the Lawn*Boy Operator's Manual

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clay

Well on his way? I'd say hook line and sinker.

Welcome to the rabbit hole my friend.

Now you will spend time lamenting over which color combinations you like better, and researching pigments. It sure is a fun way to spend your weekends, though. Just keep away from the orange Koolaide.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Scootermm, Wow! Those are very good photographs you've made. I like it the way you see things. I meant it. The tone also looks great on my monitor. Can't help getting sucked into it, but I keep hearing good things about Gum-Over Pt/Pd. Never seen a real gum pt/pd print before. Is there a good website discussing this process? Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin