Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,266   Online: 880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    You might try exposing the film in your camera. How is that for a creative idea?
    Hey, Don... how stupid of me not to have thought of that !! Thanks for the idea, I always appreciate a fellow photographer who is not afraid to share his/her creative insight with his/her fellows...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info on the 5 dot holders being IR proof, all my Fidelity Elite's have 5. Next time I order film I'll be getting a box of Maco 4x5 IR, then I'll find out if the bellows on my Toyo 45A are IR proof. I previously not heard anything bad about them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, you have to be aware of the kind of materials in the photo gear when shooting IR. I bought a Calumet 6x12 roll film holder once with the intention of using it for shooting Konica IR in it. I found out very quickly it's darkslide was not IR opaque and it's seals leaked IR in a bad way. I traded it for my Anba. Some of the older wood holders are suspect too because wood veneer is translucent to IR. Thicker wood seems to do okay. And be sure your darkroom has solid walls in that respect, a cardboard or visquine plastic blockout over a window may be merely a sheer curtain at IR frequencies. I recommend a layer of heavy duty aluminum foil over the window first if using those materials, even better is a sheetrock panel set into the windowframe.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm
    Go ahead..make my day..do somethiing stupid. Your loss is my grain.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    WOW !! so, maybe my Linhof's bellows might be unsafe ??? I don't think I can get linhof to manufacture a new, IR-lightsafe bellows for me !! How about the Horseman ? I've got two accordion-bellows (a long and a short) and a bag WA one. Will one of them be safe ? Although I don't really wish to have to carry the monorail around to make IR pictures, I might use it for portraits or nudes with my flashes (I'll put a deep red gelatin on the flash and see what it'll give with IR film)...
    I have used Maco 820c in my Horseman 5x4 with bag bellows & long accordion with no problems (Fidelity film holders). I'd say go for it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H
    I have used Maco 820c in my Horseman 5x4 with bag bellows & long accordion with no problems (Fidelity film holders). I'd say go for it!
    Hi Pete ! there's only one problem with that... you see, the kind of IR light we have here is different that the one you have in Norway... it cuts through walls :-)

Well, being serious, I think that I'll try the Linhof Technika (that is easier to carry) first. It's good to know that if this doesn't work, the Horseman will, though. Thanks for the tip.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have found that the darkslides for the most part are IR "Proof". It's the plastic that holds the film holder together, around the outside of the holder, that leaks IR light.

I have found wooden holders to be great at keeping the "Wood" efect to a minimum.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    Hey, Don... how stupid of me not to have thought of that !! Thanks for the idea, I always appreciate a fellow photographer who is not afraid to share his/her creative insight with his/her fellows...
    Thanks! Always willing to help!
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin