Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,590   Posts: 1,545,952   Online: 1250

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Flashing - Does it work on cyanotypes/other Alt Print processes?

I was playing with Cyanotypes tonight and wondered if there was a similar sensitivity graph line as in the silver processes i.e is there a toe and shoulder? This led me to the question : If there is a toe, would flashing work as a means of contrast control?

Anyone play with this?

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quick, check the other cyanotype thread. Short answer -- based on the curve posted there, there are toe and shoulder pretty similar to what I expect from silver halide. Of course, a "flash" on cyano could be most of a minute in direct sun...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For sure it works.

I did some flashing on a portrait platinum series I printed last year. in fact I got few shining on the skin and the background was to bright for me . THe flashing help me to get a creamy background and no shine on the face.

To flah the paper I use another UV lamp (I use to print with a vacuum printer and Blacklight) and I put the coated paper at 2 meters from the lamp and expose for 10sec to 1 minute dependig on the effect I am looking for.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin