Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,471   Online: 938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Kerik, I bought it from a guy who was sitting on it for the last 15 yr. I bought every sheet he had. Great stuff just not enough of it. The platinotype was bought from B&S. I'll give Kevin or Melody a call Tuesday and see if I can return the platinotype

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    In my experience, black spots are most often caused by impurities in the paper. And yeah, they suck... If you hold your paper up to a bright light before you coat it, sometimes you will see little bits embedded in the fibers. Unless they are on the very surface of the paper, you're not likely to see them just by examining the paper surface.
    This is also my experience. 100% of the problems I have had with black spots have been caused by a paper problem. I have assumed that for some reasons the manufacturing process, for whatever reasons, leaves very small particles, that for one reason or anothe, react photochemically with the process.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP
    Kerik, I bought it from a guy who was sitting on it for the last 15 yr. I bought every sheet he had. Great stuff just not enough of it. The platinotype was bought from B&S. I'll give Kevin or Melody a call Tuesday and see if I can return the platinotype
    Of course you are free to try and return it, but if you like the paper you might try giving it a pre soak with oxalic acid. The pre soak is most likely to remove any impurities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin