Thanks for the tip Gerald. I believe you are talking about print solarizing, and, yes, it does require a metol base developer. We were discussing solarizing the negative from type 55 film.

I will say, in my experience solarizing prints and type 55 negs, there is a lot more control available with doing it to prints.