Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,431   Online: 976

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Arche Platine paper

Hi
    I just bought some Arche Platine paper for PT/Pl printing. There is a smooth side and some texture on the other side. I wonder which side should be the right side to coat. Thanks for your help. Tri Tran

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Smooth side.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Smooth side.
    Arches Platine is a wonderful paper but it needs two things: warmth and humidity.
    And you will get really nice prints.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You’re absolutely right. No complain. I printed a few prints last night. . The paper is so easy to work with. I’ve tried a few but this is my favorite. I will try Na2 with it tonight .Thanks for the tip. Tri Tran

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Anyone know how good this paper is for liquid sliver emulsion. At the moment i am using Fabriano Artistico, but would like to try some others such as Platine. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Davec101
    Anyone know how good this paper is for liquid sliver emulsion. At the moment i am using Fabriano Artistico, but would like to try some others such as Platine. Thanks
    It works well for kallitypes, and does not require neutralisation, as does the Fabriano. A caution: AP always used not to go well with Tween 20, and neither with dichromate as a contrast agent in the coating solution.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin