Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,829   Online: 988

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any luck with the d.....l negatives? Do you have the book by Burk...? It's one way to get a big negative for work. Would like to hear of your experiences. I have a lot of Azo that I haven't use and at one time was thinking of a project using Pictorico as a negative for it.

Regards,
    Curt

Go analog, Go

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a post office box, so for me, it's opening the box and finding a lovely yellow "you have a package" slip. If the box is full of mail, it's like an Easter egg hunt. Yellow, yellow, where's the yellow?

Then, I get to wait on the line, wondering if it's the Xtol from B&H, the film from JandC, or some little thing I picked up on eBay two weeks ago, and have completely forgotten about. When the guy or gal brings the box in from the back room, I have about 10 seconds to figure out what it is from the size and shape of the box, before I can clearly read the return address.

Yeah, I'd say I'm still a kid!
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess there's no shopping like home shopping. Just think about it, it was not so long ago that we went out to stores and fairs to buy these kinds of things and boxes of joy only were deliverd by Santa Claus. I asked our mail man the other day if he didn't just love his job, delivering boxes to people who always show a friendly if not idiotically excited face at the door. I got the impression he didn't quite get it, though, he just handed me our new TP Junior Special with two Cookes lenses with a shrug of shoulders and left.
    Want to reach a wide audience? Place your ad here! Contact me for details and discuss your sponsorship today!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "Oh-oh, the Wells Fargo Wagon is a coming down the street, And I think it's got something spethial for MMMMeeee!"

Always been that way in Tonopah Nevada.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    "Oh-oh, the Wells Fargo Wagon is a coming down the street, And I think it's got something spethial for MMMMeeee!"

Always been that way in Tonopah Nevada.
    And many other places. Many of the houses in this neighborhood were built from kits supplied by mail order from Sears. There are just more mail order places today and they are easier to find.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My big weakness is the "mystery boxes" from ebay. You know - the blurry picture, description something like "lots of old camera stuff - don't know if it works or even what it is?"

Last time I couldn't find my cable release I bought one of those for a winning bid much less than the postage. I now have 12 cable releases in a wide range of lengths! And a single-plate adapter for international back - one each in 9x12cm, 4x5", 10x15cm and 13x18cm. A big stack of various lens boards. About 30 different lens hoods. And lots of the "don't know what it is"-es.

Iv've just bought another one of those packs - I know there's two iris lens mounts in it, and "some other stuff like lenses".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    OOoooh... its from Bostick & Sullivan. Tiny little brown bottles..... and some paper.......Hmmmm....wonder what to do with this......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole

Iv've just bought another one of those packs - I know there's two iris lens mounts in it, and "some other stuff like lenses".
    So it hasn't arrived yet? When it does, please tell me what the other stuff was, just as a small courtesy for outbidding me. And something else: would you have enough cameras to fit all the iris mounts on that you must have collected by now? You better watch out or they start outnumbering your collection of lenses.

Norm - who's still very pleased with the Cooke you got for him.
    Want to reach a wide audience? Place your ad here! Contact me for details and discuss your sponsorship today!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    So it hasn't arrived yet?
    I don't know, since I haven't arrived home yet!

I didn't intentionally outbid you - since the auction ended when I was asleep, I used a free sniping service to enter my bid. I think I've discovered a tendency that there are some people who will bid on anything I bid on, so I try to not give them enough time to find out what I think is good. I've lost several lenses I was interested in to late bids by the same four or five people. One of them had been listed for the fourth time without selling, but the moment I placed a bid it was suddenly "attractive".

I will let you know what all of it is, as soon as I know myself!

I think one of the irises should be small enough to mount on a Gandolfi lensboard, allowing me to use some very fine old lenses on my best 5x7" camera.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin