Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,498   Online: 904

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi sandy,

I ordered magnetis sheet, and I found it nearby my home. Now I've a little doubt about the transfert.
    I a single transfert I have to coat my paper with gelatin hardened, but in a double tranfert, the intermediate should be coat by gelatin? The final support in double transfert is coated with a thin layer of gelatin.

Best

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photo8x10
    Hi sandy,

I ordered magnetis sheet, and I found it nearby my home. Now I've a little doubt about the transfert.
    I a single transfert I have to coat my paper with gelatin hardened, but in a double tranfert, the intermediate should be coat by gelatin? The final support in double transfert is coated with a thin layer of gelatin.

Best

Stefano
    For single transfer the final support could be fixed out photographic paper, or a paper coated with hardened gelatin.

For double transfer, develop the image on plastic, then when dry transfer it to a sheet of paper coated with a layer of unhardened gelatin.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    For single transfer the final support could be fixed out photographic paper, or a paper coated with hardened gelatin.

For double transfer, develop the image on plastic, then when dry transfer it to a sheet of paper coated with a layer of unhardened gelatin.

Sandy
    Sandy,

Does your book cover the details of double transfer? I've tried the B&S tissue (carbon black) and transferred to fixed out photo paper. After it was all said and done I can't see much difference in the results than one might expect by just printing directly on silver gelatin. Perhaps other colors would give a different impression.

Sam Wang told me that in his opinion double transfers give the most beautiful results. But what does he know?
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Sandy,

Does your book cover the details of double transfer? I've tried the B&S tissue (carbon black) and transferred to fixed out photo paper. After it was all said and done I can't see much difference in the results than one might expect by just printing directly on silver gelatin. Perhaps other colors would give a different impression.

Sam Wang told me that in his opinion double transfers give the most beautiful results. But what does he know?
    Don,

I cover double transfer in the book. However, the impression you are getting is due more to the nature of the B&S tissue than to the type of transfer. Dick up to this point has made a very thin tissue that does not produce a lot of relief. You will certainly get a different look with it by transfering to sized art papers than to fixed out photographic papers, but you will not get much relief.

In making my own tissue I routinely coat very thick so that the final dry height is 6X-8X more than that of the B&S tissue. This gives a lot of relief, something I very much like to see in my carbon prints.

Sandy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi everyone,
    I did my first carbon prints.....a disaster!!!!!
    My first carbon image was simple transfert, and the transfert was done, but I didn't expose my tissue for the right time, so the relief image washed off.
    I tried to do another image with more exposure time, and I tried to do the transfert in a polivynilic but surprise......the tissue didn't transfert to polyvinilic plastic and I'm able to see my image on the carbon tissue.
    What was wrong?
    What are my mistakes?

Thanks

Stefano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good gelatin in a variety of Bloom Index values are available from Rousselot in France.

You should be able to order them directly from Italy much easier than buying gelatin from the US or elsewhere.

Good luck.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Good gelatin in a variety of Bloom Index values are available from Rousselot in France.
    Thank you for you advice PE, I'll get a contact with them.

I did two carbon prints, with a lot of problem, (spot of carbon, gelatin hole) but I saw a big potenzially of this process.
    When I have a new scanner, I'll post my carbon print here.

I tried to do a double transfer, but I followed sandy king's book, but when I developed my tissue in water at temperature 40° celsius, the image didn't transfer from tissue to polyvinilic. I'm able to see the image on the carbon tissue.
    What's the problem? Not good gelatin( I used a food gelatin), old tissue, or other problems that I haven't recognized.

Best

Stefano

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin