Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,004   Online: 1022

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I were to do this, I'd do cyanotype or VanDyke. To do this, though, you'd need to make enlarged negatives either optically or by the method-that-shall-not-be-named (but is discussed on the hybrid forum). I'd be afraid that liquid light wouldn't be durable enough to actually use.It would be fine for a wall hanging, though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Here's an option. A local t-shirt shop has a Kornit 931 inkjet printer they use to print low volume orders - see a specs at: http://www.kornit-digital.com - I've had them scan some 809 8x10 Polaroids to print shirts. The ink is heat set, so it is washable - not sure of long term stability of the ink. One-off t-shirts are about $15 including a white shirt, IIRC. They told me they were looking to upgrade to a model that would allow them to have white ink and print on any color shirt.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    if it is similar to those linen papers from the past it is treated as a normal black and white print. If the whole piece went black than it has been exposed or that is some serious age fog.
    Nope, tried again with normal B/W process, just gray, no image. Probably killed by age fog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back in the 70's I used quite a bit of photo-linen, it was great stuff, I only kept one image for myself a portrait and remarkably it looked like the spitting image of an APUP member, Jeff Bannow now the subject looks like Phil

I have several formulae fo treating fabric, but how well they work I've no idea, the Photo linen could be washed nad was extremely robust.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a person you sells all sorts of coated material. I think it is mentioned in Christipher James' book on alternative photographic processes which I have where I will be this weekend. If no one has come up with the "gittin place" by then, I'll post it back to the list. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Are there any current production of Photo-Linen? I think there are some potential for interesting project I am doing.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No current production.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well recently I read a recepy how to make light sensitive past that you could put on a t-shirt and put it under an enlarger. I can see If i can dig it up. I propably have to translate it as well. I don't know about durability or something it was pretty basic. But if the is interest I can dig it up.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK guys, yes this is cyanotype, however even if that is not what you want, it is worth a visit.

http://www.blueprintsonfabric.com/

also

"The Book of Alternative Photgraphic Processes" by Christopher James

Bill Barber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin