Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,776   Online: 1018

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its not precisely correct usage of the term, but he is referring to blue-sensitive only film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh, OK. So orthochromatic. Cool, thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher D. Keth View Post
    Oh, OK. So orthochromatic. Cool, thanks!
    No, ortho is sensitive to both blue and green. That's why it's the new-fangled stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice work Zhenya! When I have time I will keep experimenting with Kodak print film 2302. I posted a scan of a print I did with it in the Technical gallery. I think it's looking promising. I also had halation, but I'm sure that the film was positioned correctly in the camera. (I wonder why).

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...=19529&cat=502
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonderful examples with this film! I like the look it brings to the images and the softness is "just right" for me. I'm not so sure I would reduce development much, it might take away from the subtle skin tones. Perhaps just a shirt which isn't as white might be better on the next try?

The only "modern" film I know which gives somewhat similar skin tones is Efke 25, not the same, but it is less on the red end, contrasty, and still pretty slow to shoot. Very nice work, want to see more. Best, tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin