Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,713   Online: 812

Thread: 4 Color Carbon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

4 Color Carbon

I spent a lot of time at Limited Editions when they were making 4 color carbon prints, have one 20x24 from them, and an additional 5 20x24's from Ataraxia when they were in business.

Does anyone know of a source of 4 color pigment sheets. I'm interested in playing around with the process myself.

jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcollum
    I spent a lot of time at Limited Editions when they were making 4 color carbon prints, have one 20x24 from them, and an additional 5 20x24's from Ataraxia when they were in business.

Does anyone know of a source of 4 color pigment sheets. I'm interested in playing around with the process myself.

jim
    Contact Dick Sullivan at Bostick and Sullivan in Santa Fe. B&S makes monochom carbon tissue and Dick has expressed an interest in making color tissue as well.

BTW, color carbon and carbro were traditionally made with just CMY, not CMYK.

Tell me more about Limited Editions.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jerry Kuska and Doug Madely started a business in Santa Cruz, Ca making 4 color carbon prints, using pigment sheets supplied by Polaroid. They spent a number of years on this, before the business went under

Jerry added this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_print to the wikipedia.

After Limited went under, Jerry moved back and worked at Ataraxia for a while as well.

They are the most beautiful color prints i've seen. outrageously expensive to have done (when Limited was in business, it was $3000 for the first, then $1200 for each additional.. 20x24).. Ataraxia got it down to $500. Seperations were normally $1500 alone.

jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin