Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,030   Online: 902

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sandy I agree it may not be the most ideal film for low contrast scenes but the speed is a nice plus.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sandy, I've been developing JandC400 using brush development with some nice results.This is very close to rotary development times. In the case of a lower contrast scene do you think this film can improve with semi- stand or stand development?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP
    Sandy, I've been developing JandC400 using brush development with some nice results.This is very close to rotary development times. In the case of a lower contrast scene do you think this film can improve with semi- stand or stand development?
    Robert,

Yes, you can get slightly more contrast from JandC 400 with semi-stand development. With the 2:2:100 dilution of Pyrocat-HD and rotary develoment I could only get an approximate CI of about .9. With semi-stand agitation(actually extreme minimal) using a 1.5:1:200 dilution I was able to get the approximate CI up to 1.1.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    Wolfgang Moersch according to his website leads workshops on Platinum printing as well as making a range of specialized developers including Tanol. I probably should email him and ask for his opinion about development times.

As to the ADOX/Efke 25 or 50 I have been leaning towards these for my LF work as I like their tonal response. What are their reciprocity characteristics like? Also, is Fuji Acros any good for alt printing or not? I know it has good reciprocity characteristics but am unsure if it has any major downsides with regard to UV transmission.

All help much appreciated,

LAchlan
    I've made a couple of pt/pd prints from Fuji Acros negs. I've even gone so far as to make pt/pd prints from Maco IR negs.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin