Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,688   Online: 714

Shooter
    Multi Format

Two pinholes compared - article

In case anyone's interested, I've posted a short comparison of the Zero Image 2000 and the Eight Banners "Sky" wooden pinhole cameras on my site. Go to www.silverbasedstories.com/pinholes.html to see the article.

Let me say up front I'm in no way associated with either company (other than as a consumer) and am only giving an opinion on two products now available. I realize one company is not happy with the other, but it seems like there will now be a whole new batch of pinhole cameras for those in the market.

Personally, I think both are great products and woth investingating further.

PS - The article is NOT technical. So apologies in advance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Enjoyed the article. My Eight Banners "Dragon" is supposed to arrive this Friday. I'm looking forward to taking it for a test drive this weekend.

Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenS
    In case anyone's interested, I've posted a short comparison of the Zero Image 2000 and the Eight Banners "Sky" wooden pinhole cameras on my site. Go to www.silverbasedstories.com/pinholes.html to see the article.

Let me say up front I'm in no way associated with either company (other than as a consumer) and am only giving an opinion on two products now available. I realize one company is not happy with the other, but it seems like there will now be a whole new batch of pinhole cameras for those in the market.

Personally, I think both are great products and woth investingating further.

PS - The article is NOT technical. So apologies in advance!
    Nice article and well illustrated. I would remark though I find the font too small. Anyway you can change that?
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Nice article and well illustrated. I would remark though I find the font too small. Anyway you can change that?
    Thanks. Yes but no. No changes.

The font as set up in my stlye sheet is not too much, if any, smaller than the font used on this site. Unless you are using a tiny monitor or super high resolution, I'd check your browsers text size setting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. Yes but no. No changes.

The font as set up in my stlye sheet is not too much, if any, smaller than the font used on this site. Unless you are using a tiny monitor or super high resolution, I'd check your browsers text size setting.
    it is one font size (using a webbrowsers VIEW menu) smaller than APUG

i, using a 17inch monitor at 1280x1024 have no problem viewing APUG, the site linked to above I needed to enlarge the font one size bigger to be able to read it (from the same viewing distance)
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Colley
    it is one font size (using a webbrowsers VIEW menu) smaller than APUG

i, using a 17inch monitor at 1280x1024 have no problem viewing APUG, the site linked to above I needed to enlarge the font one size bigger to be able to read it (from the same viewing distance)
    I'm using a 19 inch monitor at 1280x1024 have no problem viewing APUG either, but the font used in Chri's article is very difficult to read and smaller than the APUG font.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not so small as to be unreadable. I think you're exagerating just a tad. Anyway, my purpose was not to start a wed design discussion. Just trying to give people some info as there was a previous thread about this.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I had no problem with the font, and enjoyed the article.... thanks.

Just a quick note.... almost all modern web browsers allow the viewer to change the font size. In most Apple browsers just hit the "apple key" and either the + or - key and the font size changes. Web designers (including myself) hate this! PC browser do the same thing, although some require you to go to the view menu rather than a keyboard shortcut.

There are exceptions, some versions of PC internet Explorer won't change sizes if the designer has used pixels as a font spec rather than points, EMS, descriptions or the 278 other ways to spec a font size ;-)

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    It's not so small as to be unreadable. I think you're exagerating just a tad. Anyway, my purpose was not to start a wed design discussion. Just trying to give people some info as there was a previous thread about this.
    If I use IE to view with using the default settings, the text is larger. If I use Mozilla or Opera with the default settings the text looks much smaller. And yes I know I can adjust the font size in my browser(s).

It's not that big of a deal for me I just thought I would mention it.
    Don Bryant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin