Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,677   Online: 959

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, PE, I'll ask mark about that.

I have a newly dyed set of starch at home, soon to be coated on [yet] another plate.

This time, I'm going to try a mixture that's closer to the original. I'm aware that it was pitch and beeswax, but does anyone have any idea about what proportions?

And Kino, you can send that scan to htmlguru4242@charter.net when / if you can. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going to coat tonight; I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Any updates on this?

I recently bought a set of lenses which included a set of filters. One of them was an "Autochrome filter" - brownish orange. I assume that was to compensate for the sensitivity differences with the coloured starch grains?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, that filter is to cut down on the blue light from the scene, in order not to overexpose the blue portion of the image. I'm assuming that the original emulsion was not very sensitive to the red end of the spectrum, so this filter'd help.

As to progress, this has been on the back burner for awhile, though I got an ok coating of starch on a plate.

Soon, however, I'll have a set of 2 4"x5' Autochrome plates, which have been exposed to room light (emulsion is toast, then), but I hope it'll give me some insight into a real plate (I've never seen an undeveloped one).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I realize that this post has been dead for about 3.5 years, but is anyone still working on this?

I have been dreaming about making Autochromes for some time, but just learned that Dufaycolor is principally the same or very similar.

Has anyone attempted to make a reseau (screen) by photographing a white television screen with slide film? It seems like this, or a similar concept, might greatly simplify the making of the filter screen.

Anyways, if any of you are still alive and kicking, PM me or just post.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know somebody in France is playing with a very similar process. His posts are on www.galerie-photo.info/forum but I'm afraid you need to speak French, os ask him for an English version...

The images he makes are captivating, despite a very specific colour balance.

IIRC, his name is Francois Besson.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I found someone experimenting with Autochrome , frederic mocellin
    He said to me all the information is in Gandolfo Lavedrine book and he said he did everything from this book.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems people have dug up this old post, and started another post with some great info ... I might just get started on this again as well.

holmburgers - check over on the other thread that Mustafa Umut Sarac started.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    These aren't autochromes, they are more like Polachromes but this is as far as ive gotten in doing screen tests over black and white reversal. I'm sharing this so people can see it can be done. The image lacks the ability to record fine detail but it is on its way. please see sample attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B&WposviaRGBscreen.jpg  
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This may be an obvious question but has the easily available cloth dyes like RIT been checked out for suitability? They might be fairly colorfast, thier application to cloth usually is especially after a bath in saltwater.
    Gary Beasley

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin