Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,511   Posts: 1,543,570   Online: 1093

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Making platinum prints

I came accross this web site last night and thought others might enjoy it:

http://www.joelipkaphoto.com/make_platinum.htm
    Don Bryant

Images
    That Lipka Guy's a Hack, what does he know?....

Well done Mr. Lipka. And thanks Don for posting it, it was well done. At least from my lack of experience stand point

This made me really laugh
    "Staying inside the marks is optional. If you make the edges uneven, people will think you are a real artiste. That's important."

I was attending a conference at a resort a couple of weeks ago (I stayed at a Days Inn). They had some Pt/Pd photographs in their piss poor lighted lobby. The guy behind the counter told me that the over brushing gave the image a certain old time feel because it was an old time method.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks don for posting, thanks joe for your skill and humor.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In addition to seeing how platinum printing is done, I really enjoyed Joe`s humorous writing style
    Thanks for posting it.
    Amund

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin