Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,673   Online: 770

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The salt I've used was sold as "kosher salt" -- it's listed as containing a tiny quantity of "yellow prussiate of potash" aka potassium ferrOcyanide -- which is not the same as ferrIcyanide used in photographic bleaches. I'm still working on getting enough contrast, however, and I think much of that has to be done on the negative side.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Ole. Do you think it would be worth trying to redev in Pyrocat-HD. Is this staining enough?
    I think it should be, although I haven't tried that myself. When I did that, I had no pre-made Pyrocat-HD left. So I just took the basic raw mateials to make an ultra-staining "developer". The negative was cr*p as it was (and a backup besides), but the increased contrast made it just right for POP and salt prints.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    The negative was cr*p as it was (and a backup besides), but the increased contrast made it just right for POP and salt prints.
    Is this a guarentee that I can get winners from all my cr*p negatives?

I mixed up a batch last night so will give the pyrocat a try and see what happens.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin