Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,833   Online: 1170

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Expired polaroid film for pinhole?

Hello,

My nephew is interested in pinhole photography (something I have never done). We tried a bit with some polaroid film and an old oscilliscope camera. We didn't have much luck.

Since he doesn't have access to a darkroom, I would like to stay with some instant-film. Does this make sense?

Any ideas of where to get some old, expired (cheap) polaroid film?

Thanks,

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    there selling some in my supermarket for 2 dollars
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Matt,

If you're looking for the 3.25" x 4.25" pack film, I've got three packs of expired 689 (color, ISO 100) that I'd be willing to part with for the cost of shipping. They expired 7/03, but I recently used a pack and it seemed OK.

PM me if interested...

- Robert
    "Photograph more, worry less"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There seems to be a lot on eBay, but you need to be really careful with expired Polaroid pack film. It sees to be fairly common to find stuff where the chemical packet has dried and is therefore useless. This happened to me a while back and I am now very careful about old Polaroid pack film.

Oh, and at one point, Jim Galli had some old Polaroid pack film backs from some old copy cameras or something that he was selling cheap. Maybe he still has one that you could use to build a camera. Otherwise, go buy a cheap old folder and rip the lens out of that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here ya go!

That ought to keep him busy for a while!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    is there any way to use polaroid film for photography, without a back designed for polaroid film use? if i loaded my camera in the darkroom and took it out there as well, is there a method of rolling that is easiest?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin