Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,958   Posts: 1,558,081   Online: 1097

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Pyrocat HD + JandC Pro 100 + Pt/Pd

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for J and C 100 pro sheet film souped in Pyrocat HD in a Jobo CPE2? The negs will be used for palladium printing with Na2 for contrast control and maybe some gum.

What dilutions of Pyrocat HD do people prefer for alt negs? I've seen 1:1:100, 2:2:100 and 2:1:100. What happens with the different dilutions?

Thanks

John.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Images
    No help here but I will be looking at this thread really close.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brewer
    Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for J and C 100 pro sheet film souped in Pyrocat HD in a Jobo CPE2? The negs will be used for palladium printing with Na2 for contrast control and maybe some gum.

What dilutions of Pyrocat HD do people prefer for alt negs? I've seen 1:1:100, 2:2:100 and 2:1:100. What happens with the different dilutions?

Thanks

John.

I am not sure I can help you. I tested some ASA 100 film from China distributed by JandC and if this is the same film I have some data. However, if it is a different film I have not used it.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,

I've used 2:2:100 for 11 minutes at 23°C with some success. I rate the film at EI 50. This is for pt/pd printing, BTW.

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sandy, it could well be the same film, the label sealing the film bag has Chinese writing on it. I would be very interested in seeing your data.

Gerhard, thanks for your info.

John.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    John, ditto on rating it at 50 asa. My experience with this film is very similar to Gerhard's. Rating it at 100 doesn't allow enough shadow detail and the negatives are thin for contact printing.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brewer
    Sandy, it could well be the same film, the label sealing the film bag has Chinese writing on it. I would be very interested in seeing your data.

Gerhard, thanks for your info.

John.
    John,

If it is the same film I would recommend about eight minutes of development at 72F, using the 2:2:100 dilution of Pyrocat-HD. This should give you a DR of about 1.75, which would be about right for palladium with a bit of Na2.

This is based on rotary processing and is for scenes of normal contrast.

Sandy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Sandy, sometimes I see 1:1:100 and others 2:2:100 for pyro hd. Why the divergence in dilutions among recommendations?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Oh, forgot to add, in response to John's initial question, what happens in general with diff dilutions?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I shoot the JandC Pro 100 at ASA 50. I develop it in Pyrocat HD at 2-2-100 for between 6-15 minutes, normal about 10 minutes. Im using tubes on a roto base and temp is about 50 degrees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin