Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,082   Online: 868

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Carbon tissue by inversion

Reading Sandy's book about carbon tissue, I found this method, so I tried it with a good success, no bubbles, or other problems, it's work well for me.
    I used a plastic sheet and a magnetic frame, like paper I had in my darkroom a old poster, so I cut it and I used as support, fantastic adesion, after 24h perfect dry. I printed with this tissue, and my fnal support was a fixed out paper, I put it in the water and after 3 minutes I would try to lift a corner, and ooppsss... the support paper was separated by the fixed out paper easily, but....the carbos was always on the support and not transfert on the final support.... I don't understand what happend!
    Another question It's possible to make tissue by inversion using YUPO paper? and if yes it's different about "normal" paper, because yupo is like plastic?

Best

Stefano
    Italy
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photo8x10 View Post
    Reading Sandy's book about carbon tissue, I found this method, so I tried it with a good success, no bubbles, or other problems, it's work well for me.
    I used a plastic sheet and a magnetic frame, like paper I had in my darkroom a old poster, so I cut it and I used as support, fantastic adesion, after 24h perfect dry. I printed with this tissue, and my fnal support was a fixed out paper, I put it in the water and after 3 minutes I would try to lift a corner, and ooppsss... the support paper was separated by the fixed out paper easily, but....the carbos was always on the support and not transfert on the final support.... I don't understand what happend!
    Another question It's possible to make tissue by inversion using YUPO paper? and if yes it's different about "normal" paper, because yupo is like plastic?

Best

Stefano
    Italy
    Stefano,

Did you use a sheet of RC paper as the support for your carbon tissue? If so, it has a gelatin size and that would explain why the image would not transfer.

I don't know if it is possible to make tissue by inversion using Yupo. Yupo has a sizing that might prevent transfer to another support. But try it and let us know how it works. This is all about trying new techniques with very old processes!

Sandy King

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Stefano,

Did you use a sheet of RC paper as the support for your carbon tissue? If so, it has a gelatin size and that would explain why the image would not transfer
    Sandy,

I dfidn't use a sheet of RC paper, but a FB glossy paper (Bergger Variable paper), so I'll make new carbon and I'll try again and I'm trying to make inversion by YUPO, so after I'll post it's possible.....

Bye

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin