Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,220   Online: 788

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photo course given at George Eastman House includes making a resau on transparent support using an ink jet printer. This is placed in contact with a sheet of film and the film is exposed thorugh the resau. After development, if the resau is registered with the resulting positive, a color picture is obtained.

I've seen the results!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eureka!

I've been trying to think of an excuse to go back up to Rochester

how did the images look?

I must try this

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a few sheets of 8x10 SO-132 direct positive film left...this might be a good use for them

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomExperimente View Post
    Eureka!

I've been trying to think of an excuse to go back up to Rochester

how did the images look?

I must try this
    The images were fair. They did not try to get a micro resau, but it did work.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sounds like my kind of experiment....I'm a "proof of concept" kinda guy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is no proof needed. I have seen many Dufay Color slides and I have a box of Autochrome Stereo pairs sitting here next to me as I type. And, I saw the low resolution results obtained at GEH.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't mean "proof" in a boraxological way...

I mean in a "hey I made it work" kinda way

re-inventing the wheel is my role in life....my old boss once said "I think you're trying to acquire the set of skills such that 10,000 years ago you would have been revered as a god"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah. Good to see that someone has resurrected this discussion.

There were, as I recall, suggestions here on using an ink jet printer or Ektachrome for a screen-plate mask. It started as a discussion between Donald Qualls and I (any idea where he dissappeared to?), and then others joined in. The topics were in "Alternative Processes" somewhere.

I tried printing a reseau and exposing it in front of a sheet of 4x5 film. It worked, but not well, as the lines were huge, and I didn't make too much of an effort to line things up.

I was thinking about lining up the autochrome plate (without emulsion) with a piece of film, but the dot's are so fine, it would be near impossible to re-register after development. It's not quite as fine as the other masks mentioned here; you can see grains if you look closely.

And, DarkroomExperimenter, I'm a big fan of re-inventing the wheel myself, so I see exactly what you mean. :-P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm thinking even a coarse reseau like I'd be likely to make might look cool -- like an impressionist painting

maybe it can be done in a bastardized way....use a digitally generated reseau in the camera...then "re-register" digitally it after scanning the negative...perhaps if you have alignment marks that show up on the negative iit might not be too horrible

using the computer is cheating, but might still be fun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomExperimente View Post
    I don't mean "proof" in a boraxological way...

I mean in a "hey I made it work" kinda way

re-inventing the wheel is my role in life....my old boss once said "I think you're trying to acquire the set of skills such that 10,000 years ago you would have been revered as a god"

I know. I meant to put a smiley in my answer but forgot. I agree, no boraxological proofs needed.

I think that a fine resau could be made by using Pictorico and the smallest dot pattern possible and then by using registration a fine transparency could be made.

PE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin