Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,088   Online: 872

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Difference between Nuarc 26-1K and 26-1KS

Hi, Can someone tell me the difference between these two models? Advantages of one over the other, etc.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sdivot View Post
    Hi, Can someone tell me the difference between these two models? Advantages of one over the other, etc.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    The most important difference is that the 26-1k uses a mercury vapor lamp, the 26-1ks a metal halide lamp. Both units radiate about the same amount of useful UV radiation, but the metal halide lamp reaches full radiation after turn on in less than half the time of the mercury vapor lamp.

Another consideration is that the 26-1k is the older of the two units, which means there is a good chance it will have received a lot more use than the 26-1ks.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Sandy,
    When you say less than half the warmup time between the two units, are we talking about seconds or minutes? I read about your varying densities when do you did print after print without waiting about twenty minutes between prints for the unit to "cool down". Does the 26-1Ks alleviate this warm up issue?
    I just bought a 26-1K on ebay. How long do you recommend waiting between prints to achieve consistent repeatable results? 20 minutes?
    Thanks for the info,
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sdivot View Post
    Thanks Sandy,
    When you say less than half the warmup time between the two units, are we talking about seconds or minutes? I read about your varying densities when do you did print after print without waiting about twenty minutes between prints for the unit to "cool down". Does the 26-1Ks alleviate this warm up issue?
    I just bought a 26-1K on ebay. How long do you recommend waiting between prints to achieve consistent repeatable results? 20 minutes?
    Thanks for the info,
    Steve
    Steve,

I no longer have the NuArc 25-1k, having replaced it with an Amergraph ULF-28. However, my recollection is that it took the 26-1k between 1-1.5 minutes to reach full output. Of course, the light integrator makes exposures in units rather than seconds so the delay in reaching full radiation is not a major obstacle.

The best way I found to get consistent results with multple prints was by first leaving the unit on for about two minutes, then turning it off and waiting for two minutes until the first exposure, waiting another two minutes for the second, etc. I was able to get very consisstent results working this way.

Sandy King
    Last edited by sanking; 10-01-2006 at 10:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    The most important difference is that the 26-1k uses a mercury vapor lamp, the 26-1ks a metal halide lamp. Both units radiate about the same amount of useful UV radiation, but the metal halide lamp reaches full radiation after turn on in less than half the time of the mercury vapor lamp.

Another consideration is that the 26-1k is the older of the two units, which means there is a good chance it will have received a lot more use than the 26-1ks.

Sandy King
    Any body can tell me where I can get Nuarc 26-1KS bulb. The only information I have ison the bulb is: Nuarc X2T and NP4 44/1.
    Thank You

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Atlantalightbulbs.com

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can also get light bulbs for the 26-1Ks here: http://www.mrprint.com/en/ProductOverview.aspx?id=1
    I use this model and am very happy with it's performance.
    It takes about 30 seconds to reach full output but as Sandy says it is counting units so the first units are just slower than after 30 seconds.

jan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Having recently gone through the process of finding a replacement bulf for my 26 1K "S" model.
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Having recently gone through the process of finding a replacement bulf for my 26 1K "S" model.

It is my understanding that the newer 1KS model is noticeably faster, however the cost difference in bulbs is several hundred $$. As I recall about $50.00 versus $242.00 for the newer Metal Halide bulb which I got from Atlantic Bulb Company, BTW they graciously took back the first bulb I purchased for the 26 1K model.

Cheers
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I've been looking for one of these units in Southern California for a while. They all seem to be in the mid-west. Are large print shops the best place to look for these units? Thanks.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin