Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,317   Posts: 1,536,753   Online: 1034

Shooter
    35mm RF

Canadian E-6 lab for infrared?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a Canadian lab that is processing E-6 infrared color film? My local lab (Saint John, NB) can't run their processor without the IR signals. I'm not all that keen on doing my own E-6, and would prefer to not face delays (and possible x-ray or roomlight inspection) of international mail to use a US lab.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Isn't that stuff used by aerial cameras? Maybe you could find somebody catering to that market?

check out The lab in Vancouver, they're a good pro lab. http://www.thelabvancouver.com/

Ralph

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    The Lab Works in Winnipeg 1-800-465-8998

http://www.thelabworks.com/

That's where we send it when we get it in to our lab..
    She: What do you do for a living?
    Me: I take pictures.
    She: Oh, you're a photographer.
    Me: No,... I'm an art thief. :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In Montréal, use Dafo Éclair. They work with dip and dunk systems, no IR sensors whatsoever.

Dafo Éclair
    121, rue de la Commune Ouest
    Montréal (Québec) H2Y 2C7
    Tel: (514) 286-9151
    Fax: (514) 286-9193
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a roll of Kodak EIR developed by Carsand Mosher in Halifax but they only run it once a week (because they have to shut off the IR sensors). They also only run cross-processed once a week (paranoid about it cooking the chemistry) so I think it's their "funky processing day" in general.

Anyway, it was no issue with them, I took it in, made sure they knew it was IR, they wrote on the processing envelope in big letters to not open in light and they even taped the lid of the film canister down so that the person would have to conciously open the can (just so I wouldn't get somebody just working on "auto pilot").

They have a Moncton location too so that's probably your best bet for something close unless there is something right in St. John.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks everyone,
    Someone locally also put me on to Carsand Mosher in Halifax, I spoke with them and was told "yup," and got the advise to tape up the canister, label "open only in total dark," etc. I will give them a try, probably through the Moncton store as opposed to Canada Post.

Ken

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin