Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,697   Online: 1212

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lift/Transfer - Polaroid Type 79

Will 79 lift and transfer? I notice its not mentioned on Polaroid.com with the other lift/transfer types.

Anyone with experiences to tell?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will transfer just fine. I've not tried a lift. Just extend the processing time before you separate the negative because the film has recently changed from a 90-second film to 120 seconds. So whereas with about 10-12 seconds of development with the ISO 80 films, like type 59, I'd start with 30 to 45 seconds and see what you get.

It also gives a distinct golden cast, so think about your image selection more carefully than you would with Type 59.

Use nothing but distilled water and treat it very gently. Avoid running water and simply change out tray water several times for a wash.

That said, I love the stuff! Here are a couple of examples:

This is from an infrared negative:

And this one is from a color infrared (Kodak EIR) negative:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info terri, I was bidding for some on ebay but "lost". I'll keep looking for some at the right price.

Lovely work by the way

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, shopping around for a good price is important - this stuff isn't cheap! Good luck. Thanks for the kind words, too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin