Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,247   Online: 972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kevs View Post
    Hi Buze,

If you are still sourcing UV bulbs, you can buy BL (Black Light - the type used in pubs and clubs) tubes and bulbs from branches of Maplin Electronics - website is at http://www.maplin.co.uk/ . Look under 'disco lighting'.

Good luck,
    kevs
    Different wave length I think.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave

I 've used Black Lights as well and they do work but the solaria is a better prospect.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson View Post
    I have have experienced similar times to Phill.

BTW I expect you already know but it's best not to look into the solaria without eye protection for any length of time.

Barry
    Thanks; are Ray Bans sufficient to check the print exposure ? Otherwise, what do you use ?

Thanks for all the input guys, I hope it helps others going into alternative printing too, because most of the "vocal" people and articles speaks of experienced users who "build their own" etc.
    Might all be very well to make one, but that doesn't help newbies getting started :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    Thanks; are Ray Bans sufficient to check the print exposure ? Otherwise, what do you use ?
    I don't use anything, I just try not to look at it too long. I set it going and stay away from it except for checking exposure (split back frame)

Barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You may want to get hold of Terry King he is in the U.K.
    TERRYAKING@aol.com
    www.hands-on-pictures.com
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finaly got to play with my first Vandykes tonight. I first tried an exposure of 15 minutes to see what happend...

Well, after a handful of tries, I figured the exposure I need is 1 minute 50. So I can tell you that the first 15 minute one was nice and dark

I tried a few negs and they all are around that time. The tubes are about 10cm+ from the glass of the contact print frame...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin