Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,814   Online: 994

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Collodion Video

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't know. Collodion video sounds like a messy process.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Wet Plate Collodion Videos:

Here's a link to my story and why I use the wet plate Collodion process. I give my history (the back story/context), show the process and interview a couple of my sitters. I made this for graduate school (3rd semester presentation).

It's a 36MB video (20 minutes) and it's a .WMV (Mac users need to have the appropriate software).

"Portraits From Madison Avenue" (36MB .wmv file)

There's a smaller/shorter video here making an 8x10 Ambrotype:
    "Making An 8x10 Ambrotype"

Tschuss!
    Last edited by Quinn; 10-18-2006 at 02:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added a title for searching
    Regards,
    Quinn Jacobson
    Artist, Photographer, & Educator
    http://www.studioQ.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quinn come back from Germany, we need you! grumble grumble grumble, you were going to do a workshop down by me this fall. Now I have to wait for 5 years?
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Here's a link to my story...
    Great job. I enjoyed this very much.

B.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It sounds really toxic to.

With the last cyandie-somthing bath.

Maybe thats not needed if you want to keep it like a negative.

Cheers Johannes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Potassium cyanide is used as a fixer for both positives and negatives. You can also use plain hypo or concentrated rapid fixer in place of the cyanide.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Quinn. That was a brief but interesting introduction to the wet process for me. Good work! Nice voice too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wet Plate Collodion Videos:

Here's a link to my story and why I use the wet plate Collodion process. I give my history (the back story/context), show the process and interview a couple of my sitters. I made this for graduate school (3rd semester presentation).

Tschuss!
    Quinn, that's wonderful. I grew up in Ogden and the places are very familiar to me. I think you chose the perfect process with which to portray your subjects. OCngratulations, I think it's extraordinary.

Collodion photography is one of the things I aspire to do. I don't have the place or the money to try it as a college student, though.
    Last edited by Christopher D. Keth; 10-28-2006 at 01:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thank you for the comments. I appreciate them.

Christopher, thanks for the second on the choice. As an Ogdenite, I'm sure you understand it was one of those things that "had to be done". It is an interesting place with interesting characters; it has been my muse. Now I'm living in Europe. The Ogden project has helped me understand why I'm here and what I need to do here. The next body of work will be a continuation of this, but broader and deeper (I hope).

Thanks again!
    Q
    Regards,
    Quinn Jacobson
    Artist, Photographer, & Educator
    http://www.studioQ.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you for the comments. I appreciate them.

Christopher, thanks for the second on the choice. As an Ogdenite, I'm sure you understand it was one of those things that "had to be done". It is an interesting place with interesting characters; it has been my muse. Now I'm living in Europe. The Ogden project has helped me understand why I'm here and what I need to do here. The next body of work will be a continuation of this, but broader and deeper (I hope).

Thanks again!
    Q

Absolutely. It's a strangely interesting town that way. Just like, I suppose, everywhere is interesting in it's own (perhaps very unique) way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin