Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,249   Posts: 1,680,372   Online: 846

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Collodion Video

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sally Mann on Art21
    http://www.pbs.org/art21/artists/mann/clip2.html

Only two short videos - I remembered a much longer segment from that program being online.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Thank you for the comments. I appreciate them.

Now I'm living in Europe.
    Thanks again!
    Q

Quinn,
    Are you going to give any collodium workshop or selling you products here in europe ?
    Thanks

Kind regards,

Manuel Gomes Teixeira
    Portugal

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by borges62 View Post
    Quinn,
    Are you going to give any collodium workshop or selling you products here in europe ?
    Thanks

Kind regards,

Manuel Gomes Teixeira
    Portugal
    Hello Manuel,

Yes, I am in the process of setting up to do that now (what a process!!).

The language barrier and cultural differences are difficult to navigate when dealing with something like this. I'm not sure of all the methodoligies/approaches of "marketing" myself/services in Europe either. Live and learn, huh?

I need help, so if you have access to, or know about facilities for a workshop in your area (or a centralized location in Europe), or are willing to assist in helping me with this, please let me know. It will work out, just new to doing all of this here.

You can stay up with the latest info on my site, www.wetplate.com in the forum section.

Thanks!
    Q
    Regards,
    Quinn Jacobson
    Artist, Photographer, & Educator
    http://www.studioQ.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    ...You can stay up with the latest info on my site, www.wetplate.com in the forum section.

Thanks!
    Q
    OMG! You've cornered both the www.wetplate.com & www.collodion.com domains! Good score!

Hope you are having fun in Germany. Any trouble getting your own personal supplies for wetplate there? Seen any cheap Dallmeyer 2B PP lenses there? Is Summer groovin' on the change in scene?

Joe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz View Post
    OMG! You've cornered both the www.wetplate.com & www.collodion.com domains! Good score!

Hope you are having fun in Germany. Any trouble getting your own personal supplies for wetplate there? Seen any cheap Dallmeyer 2B PP lenses there? Is Summer groovin' on the change in scene?

Joe
    Hey Joe,

Yes, I've got both of them and even some more. I can't say it was all my doing, but yes, it was a good score.

Germany (Europe) is great. As I said in the other post, it's going to take some assistance to do what I need to do here. Chemistry is not a problem here. I'm brewing a nice big batch this next weekend, kein problem, kein angst.

It's funny you're asking that. I'm headed to Koeln (Cologne) this weekend to pickup some lenses. I'm sure I'll put some up on the forum, I bought a half-dozen nice ones - mostly Petzval style... we'll see. My other life will consist of hitting these flea markets and shops. I'm close to France, it seems between France and Germany, I'll have about anything I want as far as wet plate gear goes.

Morever, I can already see how beautiful the light is here and am VERY excited to start making plates!! Soon, very soon!

Tschuss!
    Q
    Regards,
    Quinn Jacobson
    Artist, Photographer, & Educator
    http://www.studioQ.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher D. Keth View Post
    I don't have the place or the money to try it as a college student, though.
    I thought so, too, but after speaking with kerik and zebrahead, it seems much more accessible than I first thought.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore View Post
    I thought so, too, but after speaking with kerik and zebrahead, it seems much more accessible than I first thought.
    The time is actually the worst for me right now. I'm majoring in cinematography and am Director of Photography on two separate short films at one time right now. There are weekends where I shoot two 20-hour days in a row:o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.collodion.com/

The above will get you to the site of Quinn Jacobson who gives wetplate collodian workshops. He is now in Germany so those on the continent may have a treat coming if he does them there.

He has a new book out taking you from the raw materials to the finished product... ambrotype, collodian negative or tintype. It is well done and has good illustrations. You have to contact Quinn to purchase it. It is what he has been using as a syllabus for his workshops and filled out to make the full book.

If you are looking for more info on the wetplate process Quinn is a good source.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEaglemtn View Post
    http://www.collodion.com/

The above will get you to the site of Quinn Jacobson who gives wetplate collodian workshops. He is now in Germany so those on the continent may have a treat coming if he does them there.

He has a new book out taking you from the raw materials to the finished product... ambrotype, collodian negative or tintype. It is well done and has good illustrations. You have to contact Quinn to purchase it. It is what he has been using as a syllabus for his workshops and filled out to make the full book.

If you are looking for more info on the wetplate process Quinn is a good source.
    Look about 5 posts up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin