Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,248   Online: 797

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Step Wedge availability - UK

I'm looking for a supplier of STOUFFER T2115 step wedges. I have tried the "email stouffer direct" method 5 times and had no response. Anyone recommend a suitable supplier?

Infact, I will offer one of these 5x4 Alt Prints in exchange for 2 step wedges if anyone is interested

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...500&ppuser=405
    or
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...500&ppuser=405

Phill
    Last edited by philldresser; 11-02-2006 at 07:53 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added offer
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Phill,

I had the same experience as you quite some time back. I telephoned them and was told that if I faxed my order it would be processed promptly. It worked for me. Good luck.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had an email response from Stouffer via email, but I didn't buy in the end as I found an Agfa one at Silverprint (http://www.silverprint.co.uk/dark29.html) which is sufficient for my needs but has 1/2 stop increments Vs the Stouffer's 1/3rd stop...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Phill

Talk to Fred or Dennis at the View Camera Store in Scotsdale Arizona I know that they stock them. Shouldn't be too expensive to ship to the UK.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

We also stock them at Bostick & Sullivan for $11. I can ship them to the UK in a plain envelope, signifigantly reducing shipping charges. Probably no more than $2 via air mail. The website will quote a higher price for shipping, but it's assuming they will be shipped in a box. We make a correction on our end and charge the lesser amount.

http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart...&cat=15&page=1

We also have the large 4x5" version in stock for $21.

I don't have access to the forum gallery to view your pictures, Phill. You say they're alt prints, but what process are they? Do you have the images hosted elsewhere? I might be willing to do a trade.
    Last edited by Dana Sullivan; 11-04-2006 at 01:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you're better off calling them. Shipment was minimal but import duties might be high. The UK government likes to get a cut!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Dana Sullivan;
    I don't have access to the forum gallery to view your pictures, Phill. You say they're alt prints, but what process are they? Do you have the images hosted elsewhere? I might be willing to do a trade.[/QUOTE]

Come on Dana. If you advertise here you ought to subscribe and help support the place. One subscriber's and a minor customer's opinion.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I think you're better off calling them. Shipment was minimal but import duties might be high. The UK government likes to get a cut!
    Not so.

Whatever the cost it will be 17.5% VAT (for reference, 1.5 % more than it would be in Germany) on top - but no VAT is payable if the total value is under 18 GBP. Duty is probably not payable as amounts payable under under 7 GBP are ignored, but if it is, will be typically under 6% depending on how it is classified: technical camera equipment, printed matter, etc. Cameras, which are quite highly rated for example, usually attract a duty of 4.9% (0% for digital!)). Duty rates are in any case harmonized across the EU in a similar way to VAT, so will show little variation from country to country.

I have bought several items, including a camera and smaller items, from US companies and can assure anyone considering it that it is a painless and simple procedure, especially given the current GBP/USD exchange rates. For small items, the largest extra cost tends to be the charge for Customs Handling (4.50 GBP from the Post Office - about 6 quid from FedEx) assuming Customs take an interest. If the item is sent in an ordinary envelope without a customs sticker it will probably just be delivered as an ordinary letter without any fuss.

Cheers, Bob.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob

You seem to know the details, so, please tell us more. While living in the UK, I ordered three GraLab 300 timers in 1999. The retail price from Ohio was just over $100 a piece. By the time they got to me in Essex, I'd paid $175 a piece. What happened?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Bob

You seem to know the details, so, please tell us more. While living in the UK, I ordered three GraLab 300 timers in 1999. The retail price from Ohio was just over $100 a piece. By the time they got to me in Essex, I'd paid $175 a piece. What happened?
    Sorry, I left my crystal ball in my other trousers... You got the item, postage & packing, handling fees, customs duty and VAT invoices and exchange rate at the time: you tell us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin