Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,113   Online: 973

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    thanks Loris for the very good advice. I will give photoflo another chance. However, I'm finding that pre-coating the paper with plain distilled water is working quite well as far as increasing the amount of sensitizer the paper will absorb (in this somewhat dry environment) and consistent spreading.

david

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    thanks Loris for the very good advice. I will give photoflo another chance. However, I'm finding that pre-coating the paper with plain distilled water is working quite well as far as increasing the amount of sensitizer the paper will absorb (in this somewhat dry environment) and consistent spreading.

david
    Hi again David,

Use whatever method that works best for you. I always try to keep things as simple as possible. Adding wetting agent to the sensitizer is a complication (because you add another variable to your system), avoid this if you can solve it by implementing simplier solutions.

My remark about pre-coating paper with distilled water would be: this will make your paper more fragile therefore more vulnerable to abrasion. Thin papers may become bumpy / wavy and that is a problem if you use glass rods to coat the emulsion (its a problem also when you use brushes, because it may cause the sensitizer puddle). In short, this can cause your coating operation becoming more complicated; because your paper will be less tolerant to application errors.

Anyway. What counts is to have good results - using whatever method suits you best...

Bonne chance!
    Loris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin