Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,747   Posts: 1,483,769   Online: 757

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gum?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Let me add one more site to Don's good list of references:

http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/water.html

Hands down the best resource I have found on pigments.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the further responses.

Whereas Jeremy was my 'patient zero' and got me hooked on platinum printing (something like hooked on phonics), you guys are going to 'kill' me with this gum stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by photomc View Post
    Looks like I need to schedule a weekend workshop with one of these guys just to get a better understanding of what I am doing.
    I think I'll be taking one of those courses too. I'm going to try to coordinate a course with my travel schedule.

Thanks, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Thanks for all the further responses.

I think I'll be taking one of those courses too. I'm going to try to coordinate a course with my travel schedule.

Thanks, Art.
    Kerik has a May workshop scheduled at Project Basho in Philly which might be close to your locale. Sign up now to reserve a spot. His workshop classes usually sell out fast.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    mike
    one of these weekends I need to haul a bunch of prints, my chems, pigments, etc etc up to FW and we can stumble through making some for a day.
    I mean this in no way too hone in on Keriks (or others) workshops as I know they are wonderfully informative, but we could at least work on a few and I can share with you what Ive learned over the last few months of stumbling through working in this process.

Quote Originally Posted by photomc View Post
    Have been watching this thread with great interest, since I have just started gum over palladium. To paraphrase something Kerik had written in another thread, gum over helps almost any plt/pld print look better. In one of the many PM's I have had with Matt he mentioned that the first layer is for the highlights, the next for the mid-tones, etc. which would follows what Michael M mentioned above, like split toning.

Looks like I need to schedule a weekend workshop with one of these guys just to get a better understanding of what I am doing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, that would be great...the other option of course would be for me to find my way down there. So after all the year end/first of the year we might just try that. I will get a few prints with a layer of pld, then get some paper preped for coating, along with the negative, and we can have a starting point. While one of the workshops would be great, extra time is a rare commodity these days...so would love to take you up on the offer. Thanks Matt...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are offering gum over pt workshop in May with Kerik. This is our second time to run this workshop.

There were people who requested weekend workshop on this particular one since this was initially meant for people coming from Japan. We may offer one short one on the weekend before. We are in talking to Kerik right now.

Will let you know the update.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,

We just updated our website with information on one-day gum over pt/pd workshop with Kerik. Here's the link.

Let me know if you have questions about this workshop.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin