Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,039   Online: 1097

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is anyone familiar with these UV exposure boxes: http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com...roduct/RXP2024

At $350, while they are still more expensive than making your own, the price might be low enough where it the effort and time to make your own might not make sense. Any thoughts on this?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm no expert in this kind of thing and the first to admit it, but....

Are those bulbs spaced to far apart??

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus M50 View Post
    Is anyone familiar with these UV exposure boxes: http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com...roduct/RXP2024

At $350, while they are still more expensive than making your own, the price might be low enough where it the effort and time to make your own might not make sense. Any thoughts on this?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

DONE!!!

Well, almost done. I completely forgot that the fan from a computer case is NOT 12v. So I need to pick up a proper fan.

Other than that it's ready to go. I hope to get everything all set up to print some VDB's this weekend.

~Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0321.JPG  
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I was wondering if anyone had a .pdf version of the eepjon uv exposure box plans. I saw the plans on the internet around two years ago but I wasn't in the market and didn't bother to save a copy. They have since been removed from his site and the aol hometown site that had them posted has closed. I tried an internet search but to no avail. What I liked about his plans was the detailed wiring directions and the incorporation of a switch/timer outlet and a fan.

I'm a high school photo teacher always looking for ways to save money. I will be introducing cyanotypes to my Photo 3 students this year and an exposure unit would solve my sun light issue as the class meets from 7:45-8:27am! Thanks in advance for any help or direction!

Michele

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hmmmm...
    A 2 x 18W BLB lamps T8/G13 will be ok for prints max. A4 ??

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    i too would be interested in a .pdf file of the plans as it appears all the previous links in this thread are no longer working

thanks.
    "the age of nature is past; it has finally exhausted the patience of all sensitive minds by the loathsome monotony of its landscapes and skies." naturaimmemorial.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Sandy (and others)

Please remind me the optimim UV frequencies for pt/pd printing -- and for carbon if they are different....
    The curves I've seen show that iron based processes peak at about 350nm, a good match for black light bulbs. Sensitivity extends well into the blue, at least to 450nm.

All:

Using 2 tube strip light fixtures makes sense. They are cheap and readily available. I built my box in a single evening from common 1X4 lumber for only a few dollars. It has four 24 inch, two lamp fixtures and will easily cover 16X20.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1044.jpg   IMG_1045.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My UV-hood is very similar to nwort’s, although I made it from scratch, G13-sockets and all. I have two fans connected to it as well. I've used it much less than I hoped for though.
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus M50 View Post

I just took delivery of one of these units and am pretty happy, exposure time went from 3 hrs with a single bulb from B&S (8x10, and there was slight under exposure in the corners, even at 3 hours) to 13 minutes. I have a contact frame for paper at 11x14 that sits on the glass, if I wanted to print larger I could simply place the paper and negative on the glass cover with the foam they provide, top with a board and add some weight - meaning I don't have to fork our any more $ for a larger frame. I believe the unit is compatible with a vacuum press, at least the set up is illustrated in the brochure they sent.

I've seen a number of pictures, including this thread with black UV florescent bulbs, don't you get significantly faster exposure times with the non-black bulbs?

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

For your contemplation - tanning bed light source

Here's 2 of my contact frames under my $50 tanning bed. I've had 3 frames under there at once and could fit more (or 1 or 2 REALLY big ones.) It seems a great waste of energy to put one contact print under there, so I always try to do a batch. The only difficulty being keeping track of which ones get 6 minutes, which 7 and a half, which 12 or whatever. Just have to stay organized and pay attention.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UV.jpg  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin