Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,334   Online: 968

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    A digital file may be OK for an article, or maybe even a magazine; but I'd prefer a how-to manual to be on paper preferably in book format. Of course one can print a pdf; but the author doesn't have the control over image quality as with a book.
    Whatever your decision, I'd definitely be interested in your manual.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I will be watching too, Craig, since I will be eager to purchase a copy as well.

P.S.

I don't think I ever thanked you for your advice re the Sales and Rentals department at the Winnipeg Art Gallery. They accepted three of my prints and I am very grateful. I hope that the next time I am in Winnipeg I will have time to stop by.

Thanks,

Tim R
    Tim N. Roscoe

Celebrating
    Canadian Landscape

Way to go Tim!

Ok, then it is settled. I will log it to lu-lu-land and have a book and download set up for all and sundry.

Stay tuned. This will take a week or two (I'm teaching, shooting, speachifying like crazy right now, but I want to get this off the "to do" list).

Thanks again for all the feedback folks!

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look forward to get a link too. Have seen some beautiful work here on APUG and in other places and would love to get started doing some pt/pd.

In addition the Craigs offer i am interested in other book suggestions to get started. A workshop would probably not be the first place would it?
    Thanks..

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Craig

Any progress on this? I just moved house and realised I have over 600 sheets of baryta paper to play with of various sizes from 20x16 to 10x8. I am keen to try Kallitypes with this paper.

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by philldresser View Post
    Craig

Any progress on this? I just moved house and realised I have over 600 sheets of baryta paper to play with of various sizes from 20x16 to 10x8. I am keen to try Kallitypes with this paper.

Phill
    Yes indeed!

The book is written, the photos taken and sized. I have even completed a short video of the most critical part of the operation. I will link the video to my website and/or send it to those that receive the book.

The manuscript is currently in the hands of a designer tasked with making it look more professional than the very amateurish-home-made version I had come up with.

So, if all the planets align and the great Manitou grants me favour, the book will be ready for purchase/download by the 1st week of March.

I will keep you all posted.

CraigK,
    Fingers crossed in Manitoba

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Absolutely charge for it. You don't see the big oil companies giving much away, why should you!!..EC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin