Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,092   Online: 918

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    no, I have used a PDF found at the GEH website, illustrating the "Greenlaw process"; inside there are instructions for 3 possible kinds of calotypes, one of which is dry

here's the link:

http://www.arp-geh.org/indexsep.aspx?nodeidp=241

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting website; I didn't know about it. But I suggest you might have a look at Alan Greene's book which might be particularly profitable for you as you already gathered some practical experience. Greene's instructions are all meticulous; quite labour-intensive, but they seem quite extensive and aim for completeness, and thus might be helpful.

His dry-process involves, for instance, prior waxing and three cleaning baths of destilled water to complete the sensitizing (the silver sunbeam advises, if I recall correctly, only two). He also gives timings: 20 to 40 seconds in full sunlight at f4, everything else runs into minutes.

Personally I really feel appealed by some of the picture reproductions in his book, other than on this pdf which only shows nondistinct text negatives.
    Last edited by Lukas Werth; 02-04-2007 at 06:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot f-stop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin