Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,350   Online: 820

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictorico

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have no problem with a thread like this appearing here, because it's relevant to people who shoot film on smaller formats but want to make enlarged negatives for Alt Processes.

For those who are not interested in these techniques, and finding supplies, they can simply ignore the thread.

I am not interested particularly in Toy Cameras, but I don't check in to their threads to make sure they're not discussing an idea that doesn't belong on the site.

I appreciate the intent of keeping this site about all film, all the time, but don't think we should throw the baby out with the bath water. This is a valuable thread.

Frankly, the Hybrid Forum hasn't developed a lot of traction. We're all used to coming and talking here.

Neal

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the clarifications, and apologies to anyone who found my wording out of line. It was not my intention to play wannabe moderator.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Thanks for the clarifications, and apologies to anyone who found my wording out of line. It was not my intention to play wannabe moderator.
    Not out of line at all; in fact a valid comment.
    Ole, why is this thread still here
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's still here cause it is valid

jan

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonneal View Post
    I appreciate the intent of keeping this site about all film, all the time, but don't think we should throw the baby out with the bath water. This is a valuable thread.

Frankly, the Hybrid Forum hasn't developed a lot of traction. We're all used to coming and talking here.

Neal
    Pictorico is a digital product and should be discussed on the Hybrid Forum. More in depth discussions can be made there about materials used for making digital negatives.

Why take a half assed approach here?
    Don Bryant

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why take a half assed approach here?
    It's interesting that you are taking this approach considering that your last upload to the gallery was a neg scan soon to be a Palladium print using a digital negative!

Do we have some double standards here or just a change of pace?

jan

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Do we have some double standards here or just a change of pace?

jan
    No that was uploaded prior to the existance of HybridPhoto. I'll be happy to remove that image if it disturbs you. The scan of the print made from a digital negative is loacted in the HybridPhoto gallery if you want to take a look.

FWIW, there appears to be images posted on HybridPhoto scanned from prints made from in camera negatives. Go figure.
    Don Bryant

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have no problem with your photo being in the gallery. My point was that i found it interesting that you would take as hard a stance as you did when you use the digital process in your own work.

If i just could find the hybrid forum so i could see your Pd print

The digital neg in between analog processes is in my opinion no more "impure" than neg scans manipulated in photoshop with duotone or tritone and then uploaded to this forums gallery as neg scans.
    But, that's just my opinion.

jan

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Have no problem with your photo being in the gallery. My point was that i found it interesting that you would take as hard a stance as you did when you use the digital process in your own work.

If i just could find the hybrid forum so i could see your Pd print

The digital neg in between analog processes is in my opinion no more "impure" than neg scans manipulated in photoshop with duotone or tritone and then uploaded to this forums gallery as neg scans.
    But, that's just my opinion.

jan
    Jan,

Too late, it's gone!

The official position of APUG now as I understand it is that gallery displays of prints made from digital negatives is now a no-no. And so are discussions of the same. IMO, this thread should have been locked with mention of a continuance on hybridphoto. I try to respect the wishes here about no digital since the grey area forum has been closed, that was part of my point with the additional emphasis that this topic can be discussed on hybridphoto in an unfettered manner.

Hybridphoto.com will get you there. Take a look in the standard gallery.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I appreciate everything I've learned in this forum, but for what it's worth, I started a thread (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/3...successes.html) back in December that contained one or two lines about using a digital neg, and it was locked within hours. I anticipate the same will happen to this thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin