Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,594   Online: 921

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Carbon Article in Magnachrom

I have an article on carbon printing in the latest issue of MagnaChrom. You can download it from this site.

http://www.magnachrom.com/MCHome.php

The article is fairly long and goes into considerable detail so one could really follow it and make carbon prints. Or, if you just have questions about how the process works you might find it interesting.

There was to have been a gallery of carbon prints, but because of the size of the current issue the editor decided to reproduce the prints in a later issue of portfolios.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sandy, great article. Wish I had time to learn another process since Carbon has alot of advantages. Magnachrome magazine is proving to be worthwhile, especially as its free.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    Sandy, great article. Wish I had time to learn another process since Carbon has alot of advantages. Magnachrome magazine is proving to be worthwhile, especially as its free.
    Thanks for your comments

Carbon is not easy. In fact, it is very, very complicated. But there is really nothing else quite like it. Or even close to like it.

Sandy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Excellent article, Sandy. Can't wait to see your photos reproduced in the next issue, even though I know a reproduction cannot match the real thing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Agree excellent article, but I would have preferred to have had the technique after seeing the prints. This would have whetted my appetite created intrigue and thus would have looked forward to hearing how to create them in a future issue... any idea when the print feature will run?

My continued appreciation for the way in which you choose to share your knowledge and expertise Sandy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Bradford View Post
    Agree excellent article, but I would have preferred to have had the technique after seeing the prints. This would have whetted my appetite created intrigue and thus would have looked forward to hearing how to create them in a future issue... any idea when the print feature will run?

My continued appreciation for the way in which you choose to share your knowledge and expertise Sandy.
    Baster,

You can view a few of my carbon images here.

http://www.alternativephotography.co...andy_king.html

Obviously you can not tell anything about the surface and textural qualaities of carbon prints ,which is very important.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Baster,

You can view a few of my carbon images here.

http://www.alternativephotography.co...andy_king.html

Obviously you can not tell anything about the surface and textural qualaities of carbon prints ,which is very important.

Sandy King
    I agree, for me, the textural qualities are one of the striking features of a good carbon print. Having seen at least one of Mr. King's carbon prints in person, I'll say the obvious, he's pretty good:-)

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting article Sandy and beautifull images. It makes me want to try this process in a next future. First I'm going to by your book. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting article and beautifull images. It makes me want to try this process in a next future. First I'm going to bye your book. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin