Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,177   Online: 977

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have used the Weston parchment paper with several of the iron based processes and strongly recommend it. For the money there is nothing out there that works as well.

There are two issues. First, the Weston paper does not have a lot of wet strengh, so you will have to treat it very carefully in processing. And second, the color is very warm. If you are looking for a really white surface you will not like the Weston. But I like the look a lot.

If money is no obstacle, and you like a really white surface, it is impossible to beat COP 320. Or is tht 302?

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post

If money is no obstacle, and you like a really white surface, it is impossible to beat COP 320. Or is tht 302?

Sandy
    Hi Sandy, it's Bergger COT 320. I'm also using Weston paper and like it a lot too. It didn't gave me troubles up to 11x14" size - but I was printing on 77gsm Japanese paper lately, so I'm quite used to work with thin / weak papers.

Regards,
    Loris.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I Would like to try the Weston paper for cyanos. Where can I purchase some individual sheets? I ran a quick search on google and could only find it in fifty sheet packages. Perhaps I could purchase some off of one of you?

Christopher breitenstein

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You could contact John Zokowski at jzokowski@comcast.net. He sells it. Nice person too. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Canson Drawing paper. Well I use the BACK of the paper. 180gsm, can take a lot of wet processing, and is very, very, very cheap. A4 Gummed Pad, 30 sheets : £3.35. Beat that !

From the seller "artyfolks" on eBay:
    Canson pure white drawing paper with a soft texture, 100% acid-free, made from pure cellulose with no wood fibres. Both the pulp and surface are sized, making it very durable and able to resist multiple erasures. Slightly heavier weight at 180gsm than the Canson Sketching Pads.

This Canson Drawing Pad is gummed, 180gsm (85lbs) and with 30 sheets per pad.
    (No link to said seller, just a happy customer)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin